A Mid-Winter Pick -Me -Up
Guest post by Joyce
Just look at this beauty!! My simple and versatile recipe for CONFETTI SALAD will not only lift your
On a plate, place my or your own choice of vegetables arranged in the order listed below.
Remember, when choosing your ingredients, like a beautiful work of art and nature itself, you want to have small, medium and large-sized elements of differing shapes and textures and for the most beautiful effect, in colors which compliment one another.
- Cucumber ribbons piled like a nest
- Raw peeled and grated carrots
- Raw peeled and grated beets
- Pumpkin seeds dropped here and there
- Pomegranate arils (ruby red jewels, seeds!!) thrown around like confetti
How to retrieve the pomegranate arils….easy peasy.
- Roll the fruit first to loosen the seeds.
- Score around the middle and tear it open into halves.
- Hold each half over a bowl, seeds facing down and tap the skin with a wooden spoon, squeezing a little to release the seeds or push gently with your thumbs on the skin side.
Top it all off with a generous drizzling of TURMERIC DRESSING
Turmeric Dressing Recipe , adapted from various Pinterest ideas:
In a glass jar with a lid mix the following together and shake it like a maraca at a party!
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice plus zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ -¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Enjoy every colorfully delicious crunchy bite! Feeling better already, right?